Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
Before you disclose the personal information of another person to us, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
- Information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- Information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- Information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with our website;
- Information that you enter when you create and use your account on our website (e.g. your name, email, company, telephone number, profile pictures etc.);
- Information that you enter while using the services on our website;
- Information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- Information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
- Any other personal information that you send to us.
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
- Administering our website;
- Personalizing our website for you;
- Enabling your use of the services available on our website;
- Supplying services purchased through our website;
- Sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- Sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- Keeping our website secure and preventing fraud;
- Verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring messages sent through our website);
- Sending you an email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Statistical information about our users and the results of their activity on our website;
- Other uses
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required to do so by law or in order to defend our legal rights.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
With the exception of what is listed in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section.
Retaining personal information
Bearning complies with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information. Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We will usually delete personal data as follows:
Notwithstanding the other provisions, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- personal data will be deleted on your request
- personal data will be deleted 365 days after your last login with your account
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
Your rightYou may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information can be subject to the payment of a fee and the provision of appropriate evidence of your identity (e.g. ID or passport certified by a notary). We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
Bearning is not using any personal information for marketing purposes. However, you have the right to instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websitesOur website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties
Updating informationPlease let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.