Our mentoring and consulting focuses on critical thinking for bank managers, particularly in the areas of bank financial management, ALM/Treasury and risk management. We always find the best possible solution.
The lecturer responds to specific individual client questions (usually a bank manager), together looking for solutions to address the problem as efficient as possible. Bearning mentoring is aimed at explaining the issue and subsequent solutions for the bank, which, as far as possible, is later transformed into a project.
Assets & Liabilities Management and ALCO
In financial management, critical thinking is necessary to identify opportunities for growth, manage risks, optimize capital allocation, and assess the impact of financial decisions on the organization's overall performance. This includes analyzing financial statements, assessing market trends, evaluating investment opportunities, and making strategic decisions to achieve the organization's financial goals. In ALM, the expertise is essential for managing the bank's assets and liabilities to ensure that it has sufficient liquidity, manages interest rate risks, and maintains adequate capital levels. This requires analyzing the bank's balance sheet, identifying potential risks, and implementing appropriate strategies to mitigate those risks.
- Liquidity Risk Management (LQR) - Bank's liquidity risk positions, instruments to manage liquidity risk (central bank facilities, repo deals, intra-group deposit, FX swaps), best practice to manage liquidity risk of a commercial bank
- Interest Rate Risk Management (IRR) - Bank's interest risk positions, instruments to manage interest risk (IRS, bank' bond portfolio), IRR contribution to profitability, IRR hedging, best practice to manage interest rate risk of a commercial bank
- Bond portfolio management and credit-spread risk (CSR) - Bank's bond portfolio, credit-spread risk of bond portfolio, hedging possibilities of IRR and CS risk, best practice to manage credit-spread risk of bond portfolio in a commercial bank
Bank Treasury Management
In bank treasury is essential to manage the bank's cash flow, optimize its investment portfolio, and minimize risks and apply appropriate hedging. This includes analyzing market trends, evaluating investment opportunities, and making strategic decisions to achieve the organization's financial goals.
- Financial market structure, Instruments for managing banks liquidity and interest rate risk positions, Fixed Income (bonds and interest rate swaps IRS), Mathematics and rules on long-term interest market, Money market cash instruments and derivative products, Foreign exchange (FX), Other instruments (such as options, structured products and complex derivatives)
- Financial market derivatives, their risks and conventions, Hedging of bank risk positions by using financial market instruments, Adjusting of bank financial risk positions and ratios by using proper financial instruments
- Corporate Treasury, hedging instruments for Treasury Customer Desk clients, Market risks, Credit Valuation Adjsutment (CVA), Treasury operational risks
Risk management is essential in banking to protect financial stability, minimize losses, enhance reputation and customer trust, meet regulatory requirements, and support strategic decision-making. Banks that prioritize risk management are better positioned to succeed in a rapidly changing and challenging business environment.
- Types of banks risks (credit, market, liquidity, operational, business), basic risk measurement methods, Credit risk explanation (expected and unexpected credit loss, mitigation of credit risk, credit spread risk), Liquidity risk and Interest Rate Risk of a bank, possibilities to improve liquidity and IRR positions
- Market risks - interest risk (level risk, yield curve risk, basis risk, other risks influencing IR position of, a bank), FX risk, optionality risks, methods to measure and quantify banks risks (what if scenarios, modified duration, PVBP, VaR, Expected Shortfall), evaluation of risk values and possibilities to mitigate risks with implemented rules within a bank
- Understanding the bank regulation: Basel Rules in relation to modern banking, EU bank regulation (CRR, CRD, SRMR, BRRD, deposit guarantee scheme, liquidity ratios LCR and NSFR, EMIR, IRRBB, ICAAP&ILAAP, SREP, MREL, MiFID II)
Fit & Proper Bank Manager
Bank managers must take responsibility and manage the bank effectively in accordance with the applicable regulation. This regulation foresees certain professional skills of bank managers, in particular:
- Strategic Bank Management - interpretation of financial indicators, the bank's business strategy and strategic planning
- Regulatory framework, e.g. capital requirements (CRR and CRD), the single Resolution mechanism (SRMR), the bank recovery and resolution (BRRD), the deposit guarantee Scheme (DSG), the markets in financial instruments (MiFID), the interest rate risk of banking book (IRRBB), and other
- Active control and compliance - identification of risks and management deficiencies, assessment of the bank's processes and mechanisms, control mechanisms and measures
Cooperating with us will make your institution benefit from our expertise and our long-year banking experience. Our approaches are based on best practice and creating values so that processes become more efficient and cost-saving.
A man makes an offer for a gardener: “If I guess exactly how many apples you've got on your tree, will I get €100?"
The gardener agrees. The man works a while with his laptop and says: "512".
The gardener says: "You're right. Here you go, your money. And if I can guess what your job is, will I get my €100 back? If I'm wrong, you get another €100."
The man agrees.
"You're a consultant.", says the gardener.
"How could you know?", asks the man.
"Easy. You came in here uninvited, you told me what I don't really need, and you want to be paid for it."
We are different.
Our expertise is based on long-term experience, professionalism, and cooperation with our recognized business partners. We take into account the current markets and regulatory environment and the latest technologies. We are used to completing our projects so that their results can be used immediately by our clients in practice.
- Asset and liability management (ALM), Treasury and financial markets
- Digital Bank Transformation
- Implementation of modern technologies to improve processes
- Fintech for Treasury and ALM
- Bank regulation
- Implementation of bank regulations, such as MiFID II, IRRBB, MREL
Schedule a call